We are building an inclusive community that glorifies God and helps people follow Jesus’ loving guidance by worshipping vibrantly, growing spiritually, and faithfully serving the needs of our community and world.
As the living body of Jesus Christ, we boldly offer:
- An inclusive, loving community for believers, seekers, and skeptics reaching out to people wherever they are on their spiritual journey, in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- A safe place to learn and live out the teachings of Jesus Christ through a community of life-changing compassion for people of all ages.
- An opportunity to serve the local community and beyond, to work for social justice, inclusiveness and fair practices for everyone.
Our Core Values
- We are a praying, Spirit-led, Christian congregation. We celebrate God’s love and grace by coming together to worship regularly. We pray together, work together, and enjoy being together.
- We value the sanctity of human life. We believe all people are made in God’s image and are equally worthy of God’s love, whether single persons or families, children or adults. We strive to be inclusive and welcome everyone regardless of age, ability, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or gender identification.
- We strive for spiritual growth. We offer opportunities to learn, teach, and act in accordance with God’s calling and the teachings of Christ.
- We cherish God’s creation. We value the gifts of the earth, sea, and sky and strive to be good stewards of all God’s creation. We recognize that the earth’s resources are finite and aim for sustainability.
- We boldly connect with others to act as God’s hands throughout the world. We believe in service to people in our community. Through the United Methodist Church global community, we extend our service to our city, state, nation, and the world.
The United Methodist Social Creed
- Our United Methodist Social Creed describes how we do our work in the community and world:
- We believe in God, Creator of the world; and in Jesus Christ, the Redeemer of creation.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, through whom we acknowledge God’s gifts, and we repent of our sin in misusing these gifts to idolatrous ends.
- We affirm the natural world as God’s handiwork and dedicate ourselves to its preservation, enhancement, and faithful use by humankind.
- We joyfully receive for ourselves and others the blessings of community, sexuality, marriage, and the family.
- We commit ourselves to the rights of men, women, children, youth, young adults, the aging, and people with disabilities; to the improvement of the quality of life; and to the rights and dignity of racial, ethnic, and religious minorities.
- We believe in the right and duty of persons to work for the glory of God and the good of themselves and others and in the protection of their welfare in so doing; in the rights to property as a trust from God, in collective bargaining, and responsible consumption, and in the elimination of economic and social distress.
- We dedicate ourselves to peace throughout the world, to the rule of justice and law among nations, and to individual freedom for all people of the world.
- We believe in the present and final triumph of God’s Word in human affairs and gladly accept our commission to manifest the life of the gospel in the world.